When asdasdasdasdsa releasing several new versions of a product each year - like we do with the Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform - it's easy to overlook the overall stability and performance of the product in pursuit of new features. Sure, adding new features is fun, but adding stability and performance improvements is just as important, if not more so.
To make sure that everything will continue to work smoothly and reliably, we have dedicated an entire release to just this topic. We have fixed a number of important issues and improved performance, but all work and no play isn't the way to go either. So, we STILL found some time to sneak a few new features in, particularly the ability to convert files attached to PDFs and translate email and calendar labels for the language of your choice.
We haven't just been looking through our code- we've also be talking with our customers about how they're using the Converter. This has lead to a number of new blog posts suggesting new ways to use the existing features already present in the Converter. For example, you can easily add new conversion types as described in these recent blog posts about adding PCL and XPS to PDF Conversion using free third party software.
A quick introduction for those not familiar with the product: The Muhimbi PDF Converter Services is an ‘on premises’ server based SDK that allows software developers to convert typical Office files to PDF format using a robust, scalable but friendly Web Services interface from Java, .NET, Ruby & PHP based solutions. It supports a large number of file types including MS-Office and ODF file formats as well as HTML, MSG (email), EML, AutoCAD and Image based files and is used by some of the largest organisations in the world for mission critical document conversions. In addition to converting documents the product ships with a sophisticated watermarking engine, PDF Splitting and Merging facilities, an OCR facility and the ability to secure PDF files. A separate SharePoint specific version is available as well.
Converted Calendar Entry in English and German
In addition to the changes listed above, some of the main changes and additions in the new version are as follows:
- 2064 CADFixCAD Converter - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- 2205 CADFixCAD Converter -NullRefException converting CAD file.
- 2206 CADFixCAD Converter -ArgumentOutOfRangeException while converting CAD file.
- 2115 CADFixCAD Converter -Hatch Lines fill not correct.
- 2217 CADImprovementCAD Converter -Increase performance, reduce file size and improve compatibility
- 2158 ExcelFixExcel fails to load certain documents in Excel 2013 with the following error: "Unable to get the Open property of the Workbooks class".
- 2159 ExcelImprovementExcel files with external links open very slowly.
- 2145 HTMLFixOccasionally in-line images go missing when converting HTML/MSG to PDF.
- 2012 MergingFixInternal hyperlinks are broken when merging certain documents.
- 2167 MergingFixMerge operations cannot be executed as PDF/A due to problem with security settings.
- 2184 MSGFixMSG to PDF - Attachment name not recognised when MSG is exported using ANSI.
- 2208 MSGFixMSG to PDF - Converting email returns empty PDF.
- 1898 MSGImprovementMSG to PDF - Allow email labels to be translated.
- 2154 OCRFixOCR Speeds 'fast' and 'rapid' stopped working.
- 2156 OCRFixOCR - Occasional error under load.
- 2230 OtherImprovementAdd support for specifying additional output formats such as 'TIFF, PNG, GIF, JPG, PS, BMP, PCL' (This does not include native support for converting to these formats, which requires third party plug ins)
- 2109 PDFNewAdd support for converting and merging files attached to PDFs.
- 2122 TIFFFixConverting certain TIFF files to PDF shows empty in Acrobat Reader.
- 2103 WatermarkingFixWatermarking certain documents causes problem in Adobe Reader 9.
- 2186 WatermarkingFixWatermarking Crystal Report files causes exception.
- 2161 WordFixCorrupt MS-Word file is never removed from Temp folder.
For more information check out the following resources:
- Product Page.
- Release Notes.
- Administration Guide.
- User & Developer Guide.
- FAQ & Knowledge Base.
- Discussion Forum.
- All PDF Converter Services related Blog Posts.
Download your free trial here (42MB). .