We are Muhimbi Ltd, the providers of the Muhimbi Products. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our site at muhimbi.com and any other Muhimbi site (including muhimbi-online.com, support.muhimbi.com) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (registration number ZA298333 ). For details about how we deal with your data from a GDPR perspective, see this knowledge base article.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live chat or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our software, and when you report any issues. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, country, time zone and phone number and (if you work for a business) the name of your business. We will also ask you to create a password to control access to your user account.
If you use our software in the course of working for an organisation, we may process on behalf of your organisation certain log information relating to your use of the software or the services, and other information about you in your capacity as a user of our software. For more information about that, please see the “Log Information we Process on behalf of Our Customers” section below.
Our services are provided for use in a business, and we do not knowingly collect data from any person aged under 16 years of age.
Log information we process on behalf of our customers
For example, we may as data processor on behalf of your organisation provide your organisation with usage logs specifying the manner in which your user account has accessed the service and the documents processed under your user account by means of the service. The logs may contain information such as your email address, ip-number, the type of operation and the time and result of the submission. We may also process personal data about you as a user of our service if you log a support call
If you’re unhappy with the idea of sharing the fact you visited our sites (and any other sites) with Google, you can install the official browser plugin for blocking Google Analytics.
We use Zendesk cookies to help us provide support for our software. For information about Zendesk cookies and how to reject or delete them, visit this page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you the Muhimbi Products, and any information, products and services that you or your organisation request from us;
- to provide support in respect of any issues or questions you raise regarding use of the Muhimbi Products;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you or the organisation you work for have already used or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products we feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to Muhimbi's. Otherwise, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- to notify you about changes to Muhimbi or the Muhimbi Products;
- to ensure that the Muhimbi website and Products are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Our hosting partners, Microsoft Azure, and third parties we use to help provide the Muhimbi Products.
- Google, for the purposes of their providing analytics services.
- Our payment services providers, SagePay and Stripe, capture and process payment card data on our behalf.
- Also, we use MailChimp (an email campaign manager) to process information about your location, which of our products you may be interested in, and ways in which you have reacted to our emails.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Muhimbi Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Muhimbi Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Storing your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use Security Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt sensitive information (such as your account details) before it travels over the internet. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. If you decide not to use the Muhimbi Products anymore or request that we have no further contact with you, we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future and to ensure that we don’t accidentally duplicate information.
Some of the organisations we use to process your data are located outside the European Union. We use a number of legal mechanisms (including standard EU ‘model clauses’) to ensure that your data is nonetheless kept secure.
What is the legal basis on which we rely to process personal information?
On some occasions, we may process personal information with consent (for example, when you agree to receive email updates about the service). You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the email address below.
On other occasions, we may process personal information when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you or where we are required to do this by law.
We also process your personal information when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when we consider these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. Those legitimate interests include using your information for the purposes of providing the Muhimbi Products and administering your user account, which we aim to do in a way that works to your benefit and that of the organisation you work for.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us on the email address below.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party sites including the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you are in the European Union, data protection legislation gives you the following rights:
- to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- to access information held about you;
- to require rectification or erasure of your information;
- to ask for your data to be transferred to another controller or provided to you;
- to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data;
- to withdraw previously given consent to process your personal data;
- to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- to object to decisions being made with your data solely based on automated decision making or profiling.
These rights can be exercised in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To exercise your rights, please contact the email address below.
If you make a complaint to us and think we have not dealt with it to your satisfaction, you may send your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website.