Although our developers have been working hard on the SharePoint Online version of the Muhimbi PDF Converter, that doesn’t mean we have forgotten about the on-premise version, after all it is used on thousands of servers.
Today we are announcing the release of version 7.3, which - in addition to having a fancy new Table Of Content Generator - also includes a number of bug fixes and major performance improvements when merging large files.
The following blog posts provide more detail
- Generate a Table Of Content.
- Support for MicroStation DGN files.
- Enable SSL / HTTP in the Conversion Service.
A quick introduction for those not familiar with the product: The Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform is an ‘on premises’ server based SDK that allows software developers to convert typical Office files to PDF format using a robust, scalable but friendly Web Services interface from Java, .NET, Ruby & PHP based solutions. It supports a large number of file types including MS-Office and ODF file formats as well as HTML, MSG (email), EML, AutoCAD and Image based files and is used by some of the largest organisations in the world for mission critical document conversions. In addition to converting documents the product ships with a sophisticated watermarking engine, PDF Splitting and Merging facilities, an OCR facility and the ability to secure PDF files. A separate SharePoint specific version is available as well.
Automatically Generated Table Of Contents
In addition to the changes listed above, some of the main changes and additions in the new version are as follows:
- 2264 EMLFixEML to PDF - Accessing content stream of non-leaf entities is not supported.
- 2237 EMLFixEML to PDF - Attachments present in an attached EML file show as attachments of the main file
- 2245 MergingFixSystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException when merging AnyDWG PDF Files.
- 2247 MergingFixNullReferenceException while merging
- 2255 MergingFixNullRefException when merging certain PDF files
- 2243 MergingFixObject reference not set to an instance of an object when merging certain files
- 2168 MergingFixMerge Operations reset the security settings
- 1978 MergingFixError in 'PdfLoadedPageCollection.GetPage' while merging certain files
- 2232 MergingImprovementLoading some existing PDF files is slow (e.g. for merge operations)
- 2240 MergingImprovementMerging certain existing PDF files is very slow
- 2263Merging NewImplement Table of Content (TOC) Facility
- 1950 MSGFixMSG to PDF - some formatting is incorrect when HTML email contains inline images
- 2258 MSGFixMSG to PDF - Attachment Recursion Problem
- 2228 MSGFixMSG to PDF - The German Word 'täglich' is displayed as 'tälich' by the time it makes it into the PDF.
- 2315OCR FixOCR Tasks are not always aborted after timeout
- 2304OCR FixOCRed Text is placed off-screen in some cases
- 2281OCR FixOCR - Some files are not processed at all
- 2269 OCRFixTIFF not extracted correctly during OCR
- 2266 OCRFixOCR - Error when OCRing PDF files that contain no images
- 2278 OtherFixUnexpected token loading certain Acrobat 1.3 files
- 226 0OtherFixCan't reregister an object when loading PDF
- 2246 OtherImprovementOpening 3rd party PDF files takes a long time / Never finishes
- 2256 OtherNewDocument the use of the conversion service with SSL
- 2176 OtherNewCreate sample code for adding Digital Signature to PDF
- 2239 PowerPointFixPowerPoint converter may fail under load on Office 2013 systems
- 2312 WatermarkingFixReal-time watermarking history entries always returns the latest file
For more information check out the following resources:
- Product Page.
- Release Notes.
- Administration Guide.
- User & Developer Guide.
- FAQ & Knowledge Base.
- All PDF Converter related Blog Posts.
Download your free trial here (42MB). .