We are excited to announce the new version of the Muhimbi PDF Converter. No major changes in functionality this time, just a vastly improved conversion engine.
For those not familiar with the product, the PDF Converter for SharePoint is a light weight solution (4MB download) that allows end-users to convert common document types, such as doc, docx, rtf, InfoPath, txt etc, to PDF format from within SharePoint. It integrates at a deep level with SharePoint and leverages facilities such as the Audit log, localisation, security and tracing. It runs on both WSS 3 as well as MOSS and is available in English, German, Dutch and Japanese. For detailed information check out the product page as well as this blog posting describing how to use the PDF Converter from A SharePoint Designer Workflow.
The number of improvements is significant. The main ones are as follows:
570Removed a minor SharePoint ‘Dispose’ leak566Fixed a bug where sometimes table background colours were not converted338Page footers in RTF files are now rendered correctly503SharePoint designer Workflow Action translated to German and Dutch.526Improved conversion engine, most notably:
- General stability improvements when opening documents.
- Improved memory handling.
- Improved recognition and support for converting ODT (Open Office) files.
- Improved support for converting RTF files.572DISP_E_EXCEPTION when converting many documents using a workflow573Occasional "Value cannot be null" exception in Workflow activity
For more information check out the:
- Product Page.
- Release Notes.
- Administration Guide.
- User Guide.
- Message Board.
- Using the PDF Converter from a SharePoint Designer workflow.