We are happy to announce a new version of the Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform. As the product is mature and stable, this is largely a maintenance release that solves a number of issues and introduces some refinements.
A quick introduction for those not familiar with the product: The Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform is an ‘on premises’ server based SDK that allows software developers to convert typical Office files to PDF format using a robust, scalable but friendly Web Services interface from Java, .NET, Ruby & PHP based solutions. It supports a large number of file types including MS-Office and ODF file formats as well as HTML, MSG (email), EML, AutoCAD and Image based files and is used by some of the largest organisations in the world for mission critical document conversions. In addition to converting documents the product ships with a sophisticated watermarking engine, PDF Splitting and Merging facilities, an OCR facility and the ability to secure PDF files. A separate SharePoint specific version is available as well.
Some of the main changes and additions in the new version are as follows:
- 2923 CADFixIncorrect text size and alignment during CAD to PDF conversion
- 2674 CADFixLines are too thick when converting DWG
- 2818 CADImprovementAutoCAD x-ref search path does not search in sub folders
- 2940 HTMLFixWhen converting HTML to PDF, large images that are loaded from an absolute path or URL are skipped
- 2792 HTMLFixSome PDF iFilters do not pick up PDF Documents that have been converted from HTML to PDF
- 2890 HTMLFixHTML Conversion problems on extremely large files
- 2908 MergeFixError while merging certain files
- 2928 MergeImprovementMerge operations timeout after 30 minutes
- 2942 OCRFixOCR overlay is rotated for certain PDF files
- 2537 OCRFixPDF Syntax (validation) errors after carrying out OCR
- 2708 OCRFixOCR temp files not cleaned up in case of an error
- 2915 OCRFixContent of some OCR-ed PDFs not picked up by iFilters
- 2919 PDFAFixPDF/A Color intent mismatch for certain source documents
- 2917 ServiceImprovementMove DocumentConverter logs to 'log' sub folder
- 2900 ServiceNewAdd 'EPS' to OutputFormat.cs and related code (workflow actions etc)
- 2810 SetupFixSwitching to new printer driver after installing with the old driver doesn't work
- 2812 SetupFixImprove installer on systems with wide range of .net framework versions
- 2813 SetupFixFix automatic uninstall steps when switching back and forth in installer
- 2826 SetupFixImprove checking for local Admin rights on non-English operating systems
- 2809 SetupFixLast step of uninstallation hangs under certain circumstances
- 2815 SetupFixDuplicate Windows firewall rules created by installer
- 2807 SetupImprovementInstaller doesn't write Exceptions to log until after error dialog is closed
- 2720 WatermarkFixFree Text & RTF watermarks do not show Arabic text consistently
For more information check out the following resources:
- Product Page.
- Release Notes.
- Administration Guide.
- User & Developer Guide.
- FAQ & Knowledge Base.
- All PDF Converter Services related Blog Posts.
Download your free trial here (54MB). .