Similarly to the SharePoint version released yesterday, today’s release of the Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform is a small, but important, upgrade that solves a number of bugs and introduces some refinements.
A quick introduction for those not familiar with the product: The Muhimbi PDF Converter API and Server Platform is an ‘on premises’ server based SDK that allows software developers to convert typical Office files to PDF format using a robust, scalable but friendly Web Services interface from Java, .NET, Ruby & PHP based solutions. It supports a large number of file types including MS-Office and ODF file formats as well as HTML, MSG (email), EML, AutoCAD and Image based files and is used by some of the largest organisations in the world for mission critical document conversions. In addition to converting documents the product ships with a sophisticated watermarking engine, PDF Splitting and Merging facilities, an OCR facility and the ability to secure PDF files. A separate SharePoint specific version is available as well.
Some of the main changes and additions in the new version are as follows:
- 2619 CADNewCAD Converter - Add configurable search folder to search for X-Refs
- 2616 MergingFixBookmarks break when merging certain, existing, PDF files
- 2622 MergingFixSome pages are ignored when merging certain pre-existing PDF files
- 2423 MSGFix'TO' shows garbled content when using 'Name and Address' for certain emails
- 2630 MSGFixExtra RTF control codes in generated PDF for certain emails
- 2775 MSGFixInformation missing in certain emails
- 2578 OCRFixPDFs that show correctly, but are internally rotated, are not OCRed correctly
- 2682 OCRFixSome PDFs error in Acrobat after OCR
- 2700 OCRFixOCR Concurrency issue under extreme load
- 2461 OtherImprovementImprove support for Office 2016
- 2585 OtherImprovementImprove setting of default printers
- 2500 SetupFix‘Back' button does not work on 'Select the license file' screen
- 2501 SetupFixLeaving domain name empty is allowed, but fails later
- 2611 SetupFixFolders within 'systemprofile' are not created on some systems.
- 2690 SetupFixError while installing - service does not start and times-out
- 2787 SetupFixFix URL for downloading external dependencies
- 2589 SetupImprovementRemoving backup files' sometimes takes a very long time.
- 2593 SetupImprovementImprove internet connectivity test
- 2606 SetupImprovementExceptions from external actions are not logged
- 2610 SetupImprovementSet the hostname in the config file to be the FQDN
- 2620 SetupImprovementAdd local admin check in installer
- 2632 SetupImprovementReview and update unattended installer
- 2594 SetupNewValidation screen does not detect Office 2016
For more information check out the following resources:
- Product Page.
- Release Notes.
- Administration Guide.
- User & Developer Guide.
- FAQ & Knowledge Base.
- All PDF Converter related Blog Posts.
Download your free trial here (53MB). .